If you’re like me, when you go to a new city, you head to Google to search such and such type of food (vegan, Italian, gluten free, etc) and the city name. It’s always a bonus when the guess work has been done and you can find a list with a review by someone who has actually been been there. I want to share 5 restaurants that I frequent and by frequent, I mean mostly get delivery from 🤣 This list is not in any specific order.
1) The Vegetable Hunter (all vegan) The Vegetable Hunter has 2 locations, Carlisle and Harrisburg. Per Google, they offer “vegan plates, bowls & tacos, plus housemate small-batch craft beer, in a homey, art-filled cafe.” My favorite from there is the “pulled pork” sandwich or the jammed Mac and cheese pita plate. They also have yummy desserts.
2) Tomato Pie Cafe (vegan friendly options) Tomato Pie Cafe has 2 locations, Harrisburg and Lititz. I’ve only visited the Harrisburg location and more recently have been ordering off of Grubhub. My favorite recently is the cilantro lime bowl. I also love the carrot fries. They often have vegan desserts as well.
3) Harvest Seasonal Grille (vegan friendly options) The Harvest Seasonal Grille has several locations with the closest being Harrisburg and Lancaster. They have a separate plant based vegan and are good if you specify what you want as they sometimes have a vegan and non vegan version of a dish.
4) Knead Slice Shop (vegan friendly options) Knead Slice Shop has 2 locations, one that is open all the time and another that is located at The Broad Street Market.The location at the Broad Street Market is open Thursday through Saturday with a limited menu. Below are photos of a visit there yesterday. I got the vegan grandma’s pizza and vegan garlic knots 👏 The only negative about this place is there’s no delivery and they are not on any delivery apps.
5. Mellow Minded Cafe (vegan options) Mellow Minded Cafe has items clearly marked on their menu and they are very good about helping you veganize dishes. My favorite is the VLT (a BLT that uses tempeh and vegan mayo). Fun fact- they offer military discount if you are eligible.
Have you frequented any of these restaurants in Harrisburg and its surrounding areas? If so, let me know! I know there are a lot more vegan friendly restaurants in the area, these are just a few of my favorites.
#centralpa #harrisburgpa #hbgpa #plantbased #vegan #veganfriendly #veganrestaurants #kneadsliceshop #mellowmindedcafe #thevegetablehunter #thebevinsclan #harvestseasonalgrille #tomatopiecafe