There’s a lot of hype these days on various television shows whether it be on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney+ or another streaming service, or even just regular cable. With the amount of shows released all the time, it’s easy to miss or skip over some hidden gems. I wanted to highlight a few shows that I really enjoyed that I didn’t hear much about and came upon by chance or by word of mouth by someone I know.
- The 4400 available on Netflix (not the new one that’s currently on TV – I haven’t seen that one, I’m talking about the one that came out in 2004). Netflix says “This sci-fi series tells the stories of 4,400 people, abducted by aliens over the past half-century, who are suddenly returned to Earth.” If you enjoy sci-fi, I definitely recommend this show! I’ve watched the entire series a few times.
- Orphan Black available on Amazon Prime TV – Amazon says “Orphan Black is a Sci-Fi thriller starring Tatiana Maslany in the lead role of Sarah, an outsider and orphan whose life changes dramatically after witnessing the suicide of a woman who looks just like her. Sarah hopes that cleaning out the dead woman’s bank account will solve all of her problems. Instead, her problems multiply – and so does she.” This show will have you thinking what the heck is going on and loving the plot twists at the same time. I definitely recommend!
- La Brea available on Hulu – IMDB say, “A massive sinkhole mysteriously opens up in Los Angeles, separating part of a family in an unexplainable primeval world, alongside a desperate group of strangers.” I have a thing for sci-fi shows….can you tell? This is a newer show, just released last year, but the good news is that season 2 is set to come out this fall! Unfortunately this one is not based on a book, I already checked 🙂
- Imposters available on Netflix – IMDB says it is about, “A dark comedy that focuses on a female con artist who marries people and then disappears with their money.” It unfortunately only has 2 seasons but it’s rumored Netflix may make a 3rd. I hope so!
- Revolution available on tubi tv – NBC says, “Revolution focuses on the struggle to survive 15 years after a global blackout.” This is another show that only lasted 2 seasons but definitely could have gone for more.
What shows would you add to this list? Have you seen any on my list?
Until next time, Stef
#thebevinsclan #netflixsuggestions #hulusuggestions #tubitv #disneyplussuggestions #amazonprimetv #tvshows #showsuggestions #underratedshows #hiddengemtv