Night Feedings can feel long and exhausting. You want to get baby fed and get back to bed and that holds true whether you are nursing or bottle feeding. Here’s a few ideas to keep you busy and keep you awake.
1. Read- I bring either my kindle or phone with me up to Sawyers room and will read while I’m nursing to pass the time.
2. Listen to music, an audiobook or a podcast- Listening to an audiobook, music or podcast is great if you don’t have a free hand because of bottle feeding or just how the baby is positioned on you. Or if you really just don’t have the energy to want to read something l.
3. Research- have you been meaning to research a new bed you want to buy, or look for a new restaurant to check out? Use this time while you have it to get your Google on.
4. Meditation- use this time to meditate or quietly reflect. You could listen to a guided meditation from YouTube or any one of the apps available.
5. Streaming- put some headphones on or ear buds in, prop your phone up and put your favorite show on. It will give you something to do and help time pass until baby is done eating and ready to go back to bed.
Remember that night feedings are just a season that you are currently in. It may seem like it will last forever but eventually baby won’t need to have multiple or perhaps any feeds during the middle of the night.
Until next time, Stef
#thebevinsclan #nightfeeds #keepyourselfbusyatnight #newbaby #middleofthenightfeedings #postpartum #breastfeedingmom #breastfeeding #bottlefed